The body heals with play, the mind heals with laughter and the spirit heals with joy. –Proverb
A light touch form of bodywork that calms the nervous system and encourages the release of tension and restriction in soft tissue leading to proper alignment and whole-system self-correction.
Craniosacral Therapy is an incredibly versatile form of therapy that addresses your body’s health at many different levels. The list of conditions that it has positive affects for is long and ever-changing. For information about what a session looks like, read my article , Craniosacral Therapy Session.
CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY IN THE FIRST YEAR OF LIFE
As a light touch, gentle form of bodywork, Craniosacral Therapy provides enormous benefits for infants. The work of Craniosacral Therapy can ease restrictions and tight muscles as the result of the birth process and help baby start life from a vital, balanced, and integrated place. I have more than 75 hours of experience working with babies as well as advanced training working with infant feeding issues.
Even before birth, Craniosacral Therapy is valuable for releasing restrictions experienced by mom. And after birth, this is a gentle way to assist mom in the post-partum period as she integrates her experience of baby’s birth and life with her new baby.
CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
Is your resilience taking a hit? Are you experiencing stressed-out symptoms more than not? Are easy tasks harder to manage? If you’re answering “Yes”, it’s time for some self-care. Choosing your self-care wisely can ease you through the rough parts and provide you with the resilience and skills to manage the challenges ahead. Major life transitions, surgery, medical and dental procedures all challenge our bodies. Craniosacral Therapy is a wholistic approach to supporting your body’s true health potential through all the stages of your life.
Consider Craniosacral Therapy when:
- You are frustrated with your current path towards health
- You are struggling with symptoms
- You are seeking a new approach towards health
- You would like to relax and create space for self-healing
- You experience tension and discomfort in your body
- You are recovering from surgery and other medical or dental procedures
My work is effective for:
- producing overall body/mind relaxation and a deep sense of well-being
- relief of tension and pain caused by strain and stress
- release of muscle and structural tension that can cause chronic pain and discomfort
- relaxing the body before and after medical and dental procedures
The qualities I bring to a session:
- a safe and grounded container for the body to find its path to healing
- sensitivity, understanding and openness to your experience
- training and continued study in anatomy and physiology throughout the lifespan